Hong Kong Undergraduate Financial Planners of the Year Award 2019
13/8/2019 – 4/9/2019
※Except teams from Macau, it is a requirement that each team must send AT LEAST ONE TEAM MEMBER TO ATTEND THE WORKSHOP. Teams that fail to attend the workshop will be disqualified.
Topic: How to prepare an outstanding financial planning proposal
Time: 07 September, 2019 (Sat), 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Venue: Chiang Chen Studio Theatre (CCST), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Case Study will be published Click after the workshop i.e. (in between 16:00 – 24:59).
Final Round presentation on a topical issue – Theme – Click after Round Two results announced Oct 24 2019 (i.e. in between 16:00 – 24:59)
The Workshop was held successfully on 07 September 2019 with 88 teams attended and 195 undergraduates participated from regional universities. Mr. Simon S P Lee, Program Co-Director International Business and Chinese Enterprise (IBCE), CUHK Business School, was speaker of the workshop. Mr. Simon Ho, Hon Secretary of HKRFP addressed the rules of game. It was a free lecture on the topic of ” How to prepare an outstanding financial proposal”.
Panel of Judges
Dr. Anthony Tam, Former President, CUHK-TWGH Community College
Mr. Raymond Chan, Financial Advisory Panel of The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
Mr. Edmond Chan, Senior Manager of Strategic Partnership, ZA Bank
Mr. Leo Fan, Partner of Deloitte China
Mr. Michael Fan, Honorary Life President of Hong Kong Society of Economists
Dr. Perry Yip, Assistant Professor of CityU of Macau
Mr. Emil Chan, Chairman of The Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals
Mr. Michael Wong, President and Chairman of UFP Award 2019 of HKRFP
Winner Teams of Round One
In the past years, we have 12 teams of winners in Round One, but the result showed 6 teams got same scores this year, we decided to grant 14 teams of winners in Round One.
Black Laser Undergraduates: LAU Long Hei Sharon, SIU Chi Hong Benny, YAN Wai Shan Claire. From The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
F.planning Undergraduates: CHEUNG Siu Ting Matthew, NG Ka Yi, WONG Hoi Yi, MO Shu Chai. From City University of Hong Kong.
GodVision Undergraduates: WONG Sung Hin, CHENG Lai Him, WONG Ming Yee. From Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
HandsomeMarco Undergraduates: LEE Man Kwong Marco, CHEUNG Yan Ni Yanny, LAM Yat Hei Kelvin, LI Chak Bong Jacky. From The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
iLife Undergraduates: CHEUNG Ngai Lam, Ng Ka Mei Cammy, YOU Shiming. From The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong.
Xiao Long Bao Undergraduates: CHOW Wing Hong Jason, OH Kyong Jun, MAK Wai Lun, Jonathan David YIP. From The University of Hong Kong.
Winner Teams of Round Two
B-E-S-T Undergraduates: ZHANG Jiayi, YE Qinyi, DONG Jiaxi, ZHANG Minkun. From Hong Kong Shue Yan University.
Celestial Unity Undergraduates: ZHANG Mingcan, SU Keran, FONG Ralph, XING Qitian. From City University of Hong Kong.
FRPW Group Undergraduates: YU Nga Ting, YUNG Wai Na, NAN QingLin, NG Yin Lam. From Lingnan University.
Monday Undergraduates: YANG Cheuk Man, LIU Chi Shing, CHAN Hiu To. From City University of Hong Kong.
Winner Teams of Final Round
Traiblazer Undergraduates: Zhao Wai Sen Veronica, CHUNG Chi Wang Kelvin, WAN Wing Yau Amy, YING Hei Wang Thomson. From The University of Hong Kong.
F4A9 Undergraduates: HAO Siyang Shirley, CHEN Yi Betty, ZHANG Xiaoduo Doria, YU Jun Margaret. From City University of Hong Kong.
EXPORER Undergraduates: LI Zhuoning Jolyn, XIANG Ruixin Rosheen. WU Xinyi Cynthia, LIU Ruiyu Remedios. From City University of Hong Kong.
Water Planner Undergraduates: NG Hiu Fung, TANG Ming Chung, YU Ho Yi, HO Nok Hei. From Hong Kong Shue Yan University.
Special Announcement – UFP Award 2019
Due to transport interruptions resulting from the recent social activities in Hong Kong, the Council of HKRFP has made the decision to cancel the Final Round of the UFP Award 2019 Competition and the Award Presentation Ceremony which was scheduled to be held on 16 Nov 2019 (Sat) at 10:30 am.
It was a difficult decision as this year’s Competition has received an overwhelming support from our student community with high quality proposals and presentations submitted in the first two rounds. The Council of HKRPF has resolved to adopt a slight change in selecting the winning team this year. The in-person presentation in the Final Round will be cancelled while the panel of judges will assess the power-point proposals submitted by the Final Round contestants to determine the winning team. The final result will be announced on or before 25 Nov 2019 via the HKRFP website. The Award Presentation Ceremony will be announced later when more details are available.
“Hong Kong Undergraduate Financial Planners of the Year Award 2019” Final Round and Award Presentation Ceremony
Date: 16 November, 2019 (Saturday)
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Venue: Theater 7F (Room 701), Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups Building, 21 Pak Fuk Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Important Dates of UFP Award 2019 Actions
August 13 – September 4 Registration period.
September 07 (Sat) Financial Planning Workshop
September 23 (Mon) 23:59 Deadline for Round One submission.
October 04 (Fri) Round One results announced (12 teams)
October 16 (Wed) 17:00 Deadline for Round Two submission.
October 24 (Thur) Round Two result announced (8 teams)
November 13 (Wed) 18:00 Deadline for Final Round ppt submission (4 teams)
November 16 (Sat) am Final Round and Award Presentation Ceremony
List of supporting organizations for the UFP Award 2019
- The Actuarial Society of Hong Kong
- The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Federation of Insurers
- The Hong Kong Management Association
- The Institute of Crisis and Risk Management
- Tung Wah Group of Hospitals – Health Budgeting Family Debt Counselling Centre
- Hong Kong Institute of Investors
- Hong Kong Society of Economists
- Hong Kong Securities Association Limited
- The Hong Kong Association of Financial Advisors
- The Hong Kong Institute of Financial Analysts and Professional Commentators Limited
- Smart City Consortium
- Association of Certified Fraud and Examiners
- Institute of Certified Finance and Responsible Officers
- Institute of Compliance Officers
- The Hong Kong Institute of Directors
- Deloitte – China
- Strategic Partnership, ZA Bank
- The Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals
- Raise awareness on financial planning among undergraduate students.
- Equip students with relevant knowledge for a career in financial planning.
- Provide recognition to outstanding students in the contest.
- Raise the Standards and professionalism in financial planning.
- Encourage creative ideas in financial planning.
Benefits for participating students
- Put together theories and practical in financial planning works.
- Meet industry professionals and plan for future career.
- Winners are eligible to be HKRFP student members and free of annual subscription fee for 2 years.
This is a team competition. Each team consists of at least 3 or at most 4 students. Each student can only participate in one team and all members of a team must be from the same university. All full time undergraduate students are eligible :
City University of Hong Kong Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Hong Kong Baptist University Hong Kong Shue Yan University Lingnan University The Chinese University of Hong Kong The Hong Kong Polytechnic University The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology The University of Hong Kong University of Macau
- Round One (12 teams)
- 12 highest scores teams will be winners of Round One.
- Certificate of Merit will be presented to 4 teams of Round One.
- 8 teams of highest scores will be entered into Round Two.
- Round Two (8 teams)
- 8 highest score teams will be from winners of Round One.
- Certificate of Excellent will be presented to 4 teams of Round Two.
- 4 teams of highest scores will be entered into Final Round.
- Final Round (4 teams)
- 4 highest scores teams will be from winners of Round Two.
- These 4 teams will be ranked as follows:
- 3rd Runner-up team: Certificate of recognition plus cash prizes $2,000
- 2nd Runner-up team: Certificate of recognition plus cash prizes $3,000
- 1st Runner-up team: Certificate of recognition plus cash prizes $4,000
- Champion team: Certificate of recognition plus cash prizes $5,000
- Winners of final teams are eligible to apply for HKRFP student membership with annual subscription fee waiver for two years.
- Best Presenter
- Certificate of recognition will be awarded to individual who has outstanding presentation performance during final round.
- Participants are advised to introduce his or her simple name loudly and clearly. His and her name tag has to be evidently displayed so that the judges can listen and see you.
Formation of team name: university names and related wording to be incorporated into team name is prohibited. Panel of judges will not know teams from which universities until Final Round results are obtained.
There are Three (3) Rounds of competitions.
It is a requirement that each team MUST send at least ONE team member to attend the financial planning workshop organized by Society of Registered Financial Planners (HKRFP). Teams fail to comply will be disqualified.
- Round One
- Written financial proposal submitted to HKRFP in English.
- HKRFP will provide a case to be uploaded on HKRFP web site after workshop.
- Each participating team should prepare a detailed financial proposal from the given case.
- The proposal MUST be written in English and no more than 15 single-sided, single-spaced pages, with 12-point Times Roman font size, one space need (including cover pages and appendices)
- Effective use of client’s information (15 scores)
- Formulation of financial goals (10 scores)
- Formulation of a comprehensive financial proposal (40 scores)
- Risk Analysis (15 scores)
- Presentation (20 scores)
- Round Two
- Each winners team is required to submit the following to HKRFP by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 10 minutes video oral presentation of their written case in Round One in English, and
- A set of Power point slides of the presentation.
- Communication skills (45 scores)
- Content delivery (35 scores)
- Power-point slides (ppt) (15 scores)
- Others (5 scores)
- Teams are ranked according to: combined scores of 0.5 x Round One scores + 0.5 x Round Two scores.
- Each winners team is required to submit the following to HKRFP by e-mail email@example.com.
- Final Round – Presentation on topical issue
- A topical issue related to financial planning will be provided by HKRFP.
- Each team has 10 minutes to present in front of a panel of judges in English.
- Presentation will be followed by 10 minutes questions and answers session from panel of judges.
- Each team is required to send the the power-point slides of their presentation before Final Round and Award Presentation Ceremony by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge of the topic (20 scores)
- Logical thinking (20 scores)
- Presentation skills (20 scores)
- Innovation ideas, independent thinking (40 scores)
- Teams are ranked according to: combined scores of 0.15 x Round One scores + 0.15 x Round Two scores + 0.7 x Final scores.
|UFP Awards||Registration form||Case study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2019||Online Application||Case Study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2018||Online Application||Case Study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2017||Online Application||Case study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2016||Online Application||Case study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2015||Online Application||Case study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2014||Registration form||Case study||Workshop Powerpoint|
|2013||Registration form||Case study||Workshop Powerpoint|